
2008--The year the diaper came off and the spideyman undies went on...
Everybody said boys are slow to be trained, don't expect anything before 3 1/2, you can't rush these things. Well, armed with these conventional wisdoms, I sat back and enjoyed the toddlerhood of the boy.
January --BAM! "Mommy I want to go potty." And we arrived. No, it wasn't that simple. At age two, Brogan was decidedly undecided about when and how.
We learned a few things along the way:
10) Stock up on pull-ups in multiple cartoon characters
9) Try stickers on a chart
8) When all the stickers end up stuck to the floor, switch to coloring circles on a chart
7) Have a box of toys/treats to 'shop for'
6) Remind the kid he has to actually go potty to earn the toys/treats
5) Remind, remind, remind
4) Stock up on underwear in multiple cartoon characters (this can be on a special 'big kid' store outing)
3) Have 3 kinds of potty seats--folding (essential for travel), top-o'-the-potty (with handles preferably), and throne-style (good for practice and bedtime)
2) Have a potty treat on hand at all times (juice-sweetened fruit roll-ups, torn in pieces are especially nice)
1) Breathe deeply as you chase a half naked child around the house reminding him to wash his hands
8 comments:
Hi, Brogan!
I'm so glad to read your blog. I hope we can have a webcam conference again soon too!
Love, Grandma Donna
What a great idea, Grandma! I love being high tech!
Love, Brogan
Hi Brogan,
How was your day? Aunt Hilda and Uncle Dan are coming tomorrow to spend the day with us. I will show them pictures of you.
Love,
Grandma Donna
Hi Brogan!
I am a new visitor to your site. Can you teach me to blog like you?
Hi, Brogan!
What did you do today? I had fun at school. On Saturday your grandpa and I are going to a car show in Culver City with Uncle Dan and Aunt Hilda. I will take pictures so you can see some of the cool cars, ok?
I love you! Grandma Donna
Hi, Brogan,
Thank you for sharing your video of you shoveling snow with your daddy. It's warm here in California. I hope you can visit here one day soon.
Love,
Grandma Donna
Hi, Brogan!
I love seeing your pictures!
I love you! Grandma Donna
Hi, Brogan,
Have fun in Wisconsin!!!!! I hope to hear from you soon.
Love,
Grandma D.
Post a Comment